Sunday, January 17, 2010

Peanut Butter - Raisin Spread


I seem to be all about food lately. I'd gotten kind of lazy about cooking (think box meals, frozen stuff, etc.) in the past couple of weeks, so I'm on a mission to cook more and eat healthier. I wanted to make this spread last week, but Jackson left the brand new box of raisins on the couch and the dogs devoured it, so I had to wait until I bought some more. I got this recipe from my friend Robin and it is soooo good! I could just eat spoonfuls of it! It makes a great snack or breakfast spread. I like it on bananas (my favorite!), apples, graham crackers, or by itself. It's a big hit for the entire family, especially Jackson. Good thing about it is you most-likely already have all of the ingredients at home. Here's the recipe. I highly recommend making it right now... don't delay!


Peanut Butter - Raisin Spread

1/2 apple juice
3/4 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (creamy)
2 Tb. honey
2 tsp. cinnamon

Bring apple juice and raisins to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes (or until raisins absorb juice). Then mix with peanut butter, honey and cinnamon.
I must go get a spoonful now. That's all.

1 comment:

Natalie Joy said...

Hi Jennifer, Natalie from upstairs! This look so yummy. I may try it this weekend. I am constantly posting about food on my blog too. Love "Deceptively Delicious". One quick trick I learned is canned pumpkin is an easy substitute for almost any recipe that calls for carrot or sweet potato puree.