Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sweet Potato Pancakes

First of all, I need to learn to read the instructions before making anything in the kitchen. The first batch I mixed up was all wrong because I just started throwing ingredients in there that weren't even supposed to be in there. After I threw that out, I started over, carefully reading the cookbook. It took a lot longer for the pancakes to cook than normal pancakes, so we were really hungry by the time they were ready. Overall, I thought the taste was really good. Sweet and yummy. The texture, though, was not so great. They were a bit mushy in the middle from the sweet potato puree. I also added some cinnamon for added flavor... loved that! I might give these pancakes one more try to see if I can improve the texture somehow. Might try to use Bisquick instead of Hungry Jack pancake mix.

Here's the recipe if you guys want to try it:

Sweet Potato Pancakes (from Deceptively Delicious)

1 cup water
1/2 cup sweet potato puree
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pancake mix

Mix water, puree and cinnamon. Then add pancake mix. Pour batter onto pre-heated skillet or griddle (med-high heat). Cook until bubbly and a bit brown, then flip.

Charles liked the pancakes, but thought the texture was a bit off as well. Jackson wouldn't touch them. He said he wasn't in a pancake mood.

I think I'm going to try the eggs with cauliflower tomorrow morning. He'd better be in an egg mood tomorrow because that's all he's getting. :)

No comments: