Saturday, October 24, 2009

Trip to Granny and PawPaw's House

Since we have lots of time to do what we want (staying at home is great!), we decided to head to Heber Springs to visit the grandparents for a few days. It was a very fun and relaxing trip! Of course, the first thing we had to do when we got there was stop by the station for a hot dog and to say 'hi' to PawPaw. Then it was off to school to sneak into Granny's classroom. We finally made it home and before I had even unloaded the car, Jackson was in the backyard ready to play. The weather was gorgeous, so we stayed outside all afternoon until Granny and PawPaw got home from work. After playing on the swing set, we headed to the pond the feed 'the girls' (coy fish) and play in the water. Jackson decided the rocks were dirty and was washing them off in the waterfall. The mosquitoes finally got the best of us, so we headed indoors for the night.

We had a busy day on Wednesday. We went to Granny's classroom to help them make witch's brooms filled with goodies for a craft project (see blog post below). I think they enjoyed it... I know Jackson did. He got to help pass out scissors and candy (he ate all of his before we ever got it into the bag!).

Brady had fun too... getting loved on by all the kids. Although I was a bit of a germophobe while we were there. I kept wiping his hands and mine with a wipe every time someone touched them. Those hands go straight to his mouth... I didn't want anyone else's germs getting in there!


After we left school, we had to head to the station so Jackson could 'work' on my car. He had a blast lifting and lowering my Jeep. He thought he was so cool!

I had yet to try my luck at the new Arkansas lottery, so dad bought me some tickets to scratch off on the 'scratch off table'. I won $2 total, but spent $10 or so to play... maybe I'll be luckier at powerball when it starts next week. :) Dad had one guy there for hours.. and I mean HOURS.. scratching off tickets... sad, but true. I'm hoping he'll buy some underwear if he wins... I'll spare you the picture because it wasn't pretty.
Thursday, my friend Alesha and her daughter Lynnlee came over for lunch and a play date. They had a great time playing with puzzles, books and cars. They are both stubborn and strong-willed, so Alesha and I decided marriage might not work out between them... but they sure do make a cute couple!
Jackson discovered Granny's radio in her closet and insisted we have a dance party, so we put on silly hats and danced to Jimmy Buffett. We all had on beach hats and were dreaming about our next trip to Florida!

1 comment:

Hannah Carter said...

I know you've had fun with your Mom and Dad! I'm so jealous! Jackson and Brady are so cute. I think Brady and Colin need a playdate!